Florida State University Fully-Funded Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. Students in the USA for 2023/24
The Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies is presently accepting applications. For chosen candidates, the Florida State University Scholarship will pay for all tuition, fees, and an annual stipend of up to $29,000.
The fellowship is provided in the form of graduate assistantships, which come with competitive stipends, tuition reimbursements, and student health insurance. They may take the shape of research assistantships, teaching assistantships, or both.
About the University
Public research institution located in Tallahassee is called Florida State University (FSU). The senior member of the Florida State University System includes it. It was founded in 1851 and is located on the earliest campus of higher learning in Florida.
The 16 schools, over 110 centers, facilities, laboratories, and institutes of Florida State University provide more than 360 distinct study opportunities, including professional school degrees. The institution will enroll 45,493 students by the year 2021, representing all 50 states and 130 countries.
The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida’s sole national laboratory, and the Florida State University both contributed to the development of the widely used anti-cancer medicine Taxol.
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art, the State Art Museum of Florida, and one of the biggest museum/university complexes in the country are all under the management of Florida State University. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools has granted the institution accreditation (SACS).
Florida State University is one of the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institutions. On 2020, the university invested $350.4 million in research and development (R&D), ranking 75th nationally. The university’s budget exceeds $2.17 billion, and its annual economic impact is $14 billion.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Florida State tied for 19th among the finest public colleges in the US for 2022, ranking it 55th overall among all public and private universities nationally. Florida State is ranked as the 16th top doctoral-granting university in the US by the National Science Foundation for the percentage of African Americans who get these degrees.
The FSU College of Medicine has been named one of the top 10 universities in the US for Hispanic and Latino students. The medical school was ranked sixth in 2014 by Hispanic Business, the same as it was in 2013. The college was rated seventh in 2012, ninth in 2009, and tenth in 2007 correspondingly.
The magazine assesses business, engineering, legal, and medical schools each year. The percentage of Hispanic students enrolled, the percentage of Hispanic faculty members, the percentage of Hispanics who got degrees, and creative initiatives designed to increase the percentage of Hispanic students enrolled are used to determine rankings.
Benefits of Florida State University Fully-Funded Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. Students in the USA for 2023/24
- The Florida State University Scholarship will pay for all study-related expenses, including competitive stipends, tuition exemptions, and student health insurance.
- A $26,000 (Masters applicants) or $29,000 stipend is given to each student (Ph.D. applicants).
Eligibility for Florida State University Scholarship
You must adhere to the following standards to be eligible for a Florida State University Scholarship:
- an accredited college or university-level baccalaureate degree in a related field;
- obtain a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent by meeting the criteria.
- have a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better GPA in your undergraduate or graduate studies.
Documents Needed for Florida State University Scholarship Applications
The following documents must be prepared for submission by applicants;
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree and application form
- A 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher in your undergraduate or graduate studies
- a minimum verbal and quantitative revised GRE percentile of at least 48% and 75%, respectively.
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s work and background;
- A personal mission statement outlining your professional objectives, together with evidence of your English language proficiency.
How to Apply